Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sense of humour, lack of humour

Today I went to Carrefour (#2 supermarket chain stores after Walmart worldwide).

I had some purchases to do in the fruits and vegetables department.
There, there was a special promotion booth for cucumbers from Spain.
Description of the things: 40 to 50 cm long (15 to 19 inches) and 4 to 7 cm thick (1.5 to 2.5 inches)

A woman in her 30s was standing there, the tips of her thingers on one generous piece,  eyes fixing a point far beyond the horizon, lost in her thoughts.

I came near her and said: "Thoughtful? Dreaming?"

She suddenly came back to earth, turned toward me with an angry face, ready to attack...

Another woman in her 60s (perhaps more) commented with a huge smile
" Pfffft! That's too small!"

End of conflict.

I like people having humour.

No comments: