Sunday, September 03, 2006

Political speeches

What is amazing is the deep, clear and intelligent content of George W. Bush speeches. (Part 1)




It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber. (Applause)
(Washington, April 10, 2002)

But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me.
(White House, December 21, 2001)

It begins here because for a century and a half** now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times.
(Tokyo, February 18, 2002)

Just a few minutes ago I was the leader of another country. Now it's my honor to speak to you as the leader of your country. And the great thing about America is you don't have to listen unless you want to. (Laughter)
(Ellis Island, July 10, 2001)

Listen, thank you all for coming. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.
(Waco Economic Convention, August 13, 2002)

Listen, I understand water. I grew up in Midland, Texas. There you go. (Laughter) You remember how much water we didn't have there. (Laughter)
(Ontario, January 5, 2002)

No comments: